Subsea Umbilical Field Splices
Umbilicals provide fluid (chemical injection and hydraulic), electrical, and optical data connections to subsea oil and gas production systems. The use of high power subsea pumps (ESPs) is becoming more common within deep water production systems and this has introduced the need for medium voltage power cores within some umbilical designs.
Power CSL has developed and offers a field splice for offshore repair and termination of umbilical medium voltage power cores (up to 36kV). The field splice has been subject to comprehensive mechanical, electrical and hyperbaric testing.
The applications for Power CSL’s subsea umbilical field splice include :
- Planned splicing of static to dynamic umbilical sections during manufacture
- Offshore repair of subsea umbilical power cores damaged during installation or service life
- Offshore / Dockside termination of umbilical power cores into UTA
- Offshore jointing and termination of piggyback MV cables for DEH systems
Power CSL offers trained offshore certified technicians for installation of the field splices.
Key features of the Power CSL subsea umbilical field splice :
- Designed to be contained in free flooding umbilical repair joint or other subsea housings
- Compact design
- High mechanical strength conductor connection
- Well proven tape based insulation reinstatement
- Incorporates highly effective water sealing arrangement
- Does not rely on oil pressure compensation for water sealing
- Rapid installation
The product has been used on a wide variety of oil and gas umbilical projects around the world.