Supply of MV Array Cable Range Taking Repair Joints
Power CSL Scope
Design and supply of medium voltage (33kV) range taking joints to major OWF developer / operator.
Offshore wind farm array cable faults arise from a variety of causes. A major OWF developer required a number of MV cable repair joints that would cover all of their European OWF array cable assets. The key requirements were :-
- Cable range 95mm2 to 630mm2
- 33kV voltage level including XLPE and EPR insulation
- Ability to connect cables from different manufacturers (to maximise availability of spare array cable between multiple OWFs)
- Ability to connect cables of different conductor size (should this be required)
- Ability to accommodate a range of optical fibre designs within the array cables
After a comprehensive design review covering engineering of all of the possible connection permutations it was confirmed that the PCSL range taking MV array cable repair joint met all of the Client requirements.
The joint kits were subsequently manufactured and supplied to the developer’s strategic spares warehouse.
Power CSL Deliverables
- Supply of repair joints based upon PCSL range taking design
- Provision of Product Familiarisation Courses for teams of offshore technicians if required
All products and services were supplied on time to the agreed technical specification.