Umbilical Field Splices – Western Australia
Power CSL Scope
Design, qualification testing, supply and installation of umbilical MV power core splices to be used during an umbilical termination assembly (UTA) replacement project offshore W.Australia.
A major Australian oil operator required purpose designed umbilical power core field splices to be installed offshore in the replacement of a faulty UTA. The field splices were required to connect the existing subsea umbilical power cores to pre-fitted tails of different a conductor size and design within the UTA. The field splice system needed to include sealing and arrangements to break-out the power cores from the umbilical within the UTA.
Power CSL Deliverables
- Detailed design of umbilical power core break out and field splice.
- Design liaison with termination manufacturer regarding cable and splice management within the replacement UTA
- Field splice prototype build and qualification testing
- PCSL jointer qualification for installation of the field splice arrangement within UTA
- Supply of 9 off umbilical MV power core field splice kits
- Supply of electrical test and fault location equipment on a hire basis
- Supply of 4 off PCSL offshore technicians for testing of umbilical and installation and test of the field splice kits
All products were supplied and fitted to agreed schedule, with no problems encountered throughout the installation exercise.